Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Well...

Well, I noticed that I haven't made an entry in awhile so I thought maybe I better drop in and say hello! We have been keeping busy with lots of spring time activities. Kelly has been attending all the various spring sports taking some nice action shots. He is taking pictures for the Sanpete Messenger now, of the Spring Sports going on in the area. He is pretty excited to get to see his work being used. He loves to take the shots and he is really good at it. I have been so thankful for that with all the many activities our children do. You can check out some of his pictures on his website:

http://www.manti.com/hancock/

On another note, today Alex was informed that she had been accepted into the National Honor Society. She had to put in an application for it and then wait for them to process it and make a decision on whether or not to accept her. It does not go on grades alone. You have to have Leadership Skills and examples of that. You have to list any Awards you have received. And you have to have a certain amount of Service to your Community. It's not something you can just decide you want to do over night. It has been all three years of High School that went into this Honor. She has Lettered Academically each year of High School(something I was not even aware that you could do until she did it) and has watched those who are Juniors and Seniors get inducted into the National Honor Society. She decided that first year of watching the ceremony that she wanted to do that when she was old enough and so she has worked very hard towards that goal. She is a neat young lady and we are thankful to be her parents. After they have the Ceremony and the Academic Lettering I will post some pictures.

Now, we are on to the last two weeks of this Miss Ephraim Journey. I watched her do her dance and her modeling last night and she looks pretty good so I hope she does well that night. She has had so much fun with all the girls the past couple of months.
Well, for today...

**A photograph is like the recipe-a memory the finished dish- Carrie Latet**

1 sweet nothins:

Amy said...

Congratulations Alex. It is so neat for me to see people set their goals and accomplish them and you are a great example of this. I see it all the time in the things you do. Way to go and I know you will do great in the Miss Ephraim contest. We will be praying for you.
Hey that is so cool about Kelly and his pictures. He is very talented in the arts. I wish I was. I have a little girl that loves to paint. She is always asking for advice and I have no talent to help her. Oh well, Heavenly Father will send someone I'm sure when the time comes.

Love ya, Amy