Friday, May 23, 2008

Such neat things...

Tonight; because Alex is on the Seminary Council for next year, she had her first responsibilities at Seminary Graduation. They were ushers and then afterwards they served the refreshments. We, as their parents got to bake the cakes they served and we got to work in the kitchen and cut the cakes and get them onto plates etc... anyway, we were there. Well, we had our cakes cut and everything ready to go and so we wandered into the hall and stood at the doors to the cultural hall and listened to the choir sing the closing song and it was BEAUTIFUL! It would've brought tears to my eyes if it hadn't been for my daughter bringing tears to them first! Alex has not been a crier and Kelly has even lovingly given her the nickname "iqua" at times... meaning ice queen, because things just don't bother her. She looked at me and said "mom, when they called Jordan's name, I just started to cry" and then she told me her friend Ashley didn't graduate from Seminary and it broke her heart; it was clear. The tears came flowing out and she couldn't get them to stop. Then she got me to crying... I was watching my daughter experience some real spiritual feelings in that moment and seeing a great love for her friends and a desire for their well being. I said to her "does this make you realize just how very important this calling is?" And she said "Oh, yeah!" She was so very happy and proud of her friend Jordan because for him, it hasn't been easy and she was so very sad for Ashley, who she thought would graduate for sure and in the end, she had not. We discussed that this is how our Father in Heaven feels when we fail... he is so sad for us and so also,  how he feels when we accomplish something... overjoyed for us. My little girl is growing up and maturing. She is becoming this spiritual giant. And for me, that is the most important growth she could get. She will do great things and she will touch many lives. She will be an influence for good. I thank my Father in Heaven for allowing me to share in her life. I don't feel worthy to be the mother of this amazing girl... I am sure I had nothing to do with who she is... she just came to me this way. 


I have been so very blessed to have such good children sent to my care. I really don't know why I got so blessed with them, but I am sure glad that I did. They bring such light to our lives. They have really made being a parent a joy. 


***My biggest blessings are the ones who call me mom!***

***A mother has no greater joy than to see that her children walk in truth***



1 sweet nothins:

Lauralee said...

Wow, thanks for that! It actually made me cry.(I am a crier though) I think a lot of having really good kids is part of being a really good mom!